If you’re looking for the best large capacity air fryer, you’ve landed on the right page. We are about to reveal not just one – but the top five large capacity air fryers. Truth is most air fryers just aren’t very big at all. But if you’ve got a larger family, enjoy having dinner parties, or simply like to cook your food in bigger volume – a larger air fry is the way to go.
A Larger Air Fryer Makes Sense
It doesn’t matter whether this is your first ever air fryer. Or, perhaps like many people, you started with a smaller air fryer and quickly realized it’s value and now you want to be able to prepare larger amounts of your favorites – whether for special occasions or on a regular basis.
Air fryers in general are a quick and efficient way to prepare delicious food with a crispy coating. If you cook on a regular basis for more than a couple of people, having a large capacity air fryer gives you much more flexibility. You can cook from fresh or frozen. Air-fry, bake, roast, reheat – you name it. A quality air fryer lets you do it all.
If you currently have a small air fryer and you want to step up to something more substantial, well that’s perfectly normal and quite common. Here we’ll show you our recommendations for the top large capacity air fryers and explain why these ones are the best.
Eventually, most people will want to pick up a larger capacity air fryer even when they’ve got a smaller one that gets used regularly. A large air fryer is just such a handy thing to have on hand for special occasions, or to make a dinner party that much more special.
A Lot of Air Fryers Are On The Small Side
Most air fryers come with baskets inside that can cook 2 to 3 quarts of food. That’s fine for up to about three people. But when you want something more, you will need to increase the capacity of the air fryer. A slightly larger one won’t make that much of a difference.
Bigger Is Better
What you are likely after is an air fryer that can typically handle about 5 to 7 quarts of food at once. This is good for a larger size of family, or for preparing larger meals, where you can have plenty of leftovers instead of cooking from scratch each time.
If you’re cooking for a party or family gathering – a large capacity air fryer can come in handy. One of the larger ones we’ve seen (and one we highly recommend) is the 8 Quart Ninja. And then there’s the massive NuWave Brio. At 15 ½ quarts – it’s in a class all by itself. We will share more about these air fryers just below.
Check The Details So You Know What You’re Getting
It’s important when you’re checking out the best large capacity air fryers that you pay attention to the details. Some small air fryers are marketed as “large capacity” because they happen to be slightly larger than competing models in their category. That does not mean that they are a good option when what you really want is a larger size air fryer to cook multiple portions at once.
Following are our top 5 choices when it comes to the best large capacity air fryers on the market today.
#1: Ninja DZ201 Foodi 2 Basket 8 Quart Air Fryer
Right off the bat, we’re starting with a highly-rated large capacity air fryer. This one from Ninja has an 8 quart capacity – provided by two separate and independent baskets. This gives you the largest total volume of food. But what it also does is allow you to cook two totally different dishes with different times and temperatures simultaneously – and have them cooked to perfection at the same time. In our view, it’s brilliant. No other air fryer we feel comfortable to recommend to you provides this dual cooking option.
Buyers seem thrilled with the Ninja Foodi – giving it a remarkable 4.8 out of 5 possible stars. This rating comes from more than 7000 authentic buyers, so it’s not something that should be taken lightly. A solid ranking from a large number of confirmed buyers is usually a good indication of a quality product.
This dual basket feature allows you to cook two different foods like chicken and fries. You can cook them at the same time and have them emerge cooked to perfection at the exact same time – automatically.
With this air fryer you can fry, broil, roast, bake, reheat and even dehydrate. This one truly does it all. You can cook mains and sides too – up to 4 pounds of regular fries, sweet potato fries, or chicken wings – in a single shot.
Baskets and the crisper plates are easy to clean. Temperatures on this air fryer range from 105°F to 450°F. This is slightly higher than the usual 400° limit. Each basket has its own cooking function that rapidly sends heated air over the food to cook it quickly and evenly.
What’s In The Box?
Ninja Foodi 8 Quart 2 Basket Air Fryer
2 – 4 quart cooking baskets (8 quart capacity in total)
2 – Nonstick crisper plates
15 chef inspired recipes (plus additional meal options and cooking charts for reference)
This one, though larger, would look sharp on any countertop. If you’ve only owned a small air fryer before – you’ll be blown away by the added capacity of the Ninja.
– Cooks efficiently
– Sleek modern design – looks stylish
– Dual cooking baskets is an added advantage
– Large total cooking capacity
– Simple to operate (Place the food into each basket, enter the cook mode and set the timer)
– Makes a lot of one thing like fries or chicken wings
– Easy to clean
– Could replace multiple appliances including toaster microwave and deep fryer
– You may need to experiment to get the timing and temperature just the way you like it (as is the case with any air fryer)
– Wide variety of cooking options available
– Can cook for the whole family
– Having 2 independent baskets cuts down cooking times
– Has a factory odor to it right out of the box (though this does wear off over time)
– Does not have a pause function (you have to stop both sides at the same time)
– Can be noisy
– A little too large and heavy for a countertop appliance
– You have to make sure the plate is secure or it can fall out when you’re emptying the basket
– Base of the baskets is a little narrower than the top (so it may not hold as much food as you think close to the element where it cooks)
#2: Philips Premium Air Fryer 7 Quart Capacity
Although this Philips 7 Quart Air Fryer is among the pricier air fryers we tested – it’s also clearly one of the absolute best. Previous buyers give it a 4.6 star rating (out of 5) – and that’s with nearly 2000 actual customers reporting.
Philips air fryers offer the ultimate in fat removal technology. It is designed to capture excess fat more than competing brands do – giving you healthier food that tastes delicious.
If you want to be able to cook for a party of six on a regular basis – this would be an excellent air fryer for you. And although Philips states at all parts are dishwasher safe (most manufacturers ay this) we recommend only hand-washing and handling the baskets delicately – so you don’t damage the nonstick coating. This can help extend the life of your air fryer.
Included with your purchase is a one-year warranty that gives you a decent degree of peace of mind.
Also available to buyers is the downloadable Philips Kitchen Plus App where you can discover hundreds of tasty recipes, improve your cooking skills, and explore the various features of your air fryer. Additionally, you can sign up for monthly virtual cooking classes with celebrity chef done Donatella Arpaia. Once again – this is included with your purchase and once you register your air fryer, you qualify for free tickets to these training sessions.
What’s In The Box?
Philips Premium 7 Quart Air fryer
This is one versatile machine. It’s a fine brand-name well known for quality products. You can cook six portions at once and do so four times faster than a traditional oven. You can also bake, roast, toast, grill, reheat, or dehydrate – giving you a full range of capabilities.
Philips air fryer allows you to fry your favorite foods with little or no added oil. Yet you get a delicious “crispy as deep-fried” coating that’s far healthier since it uses 90% less fat.
Over 200 easy to make dishes are provided with instructions that work perfectly on your specific Phillips air fryer – so it’s easy to follow along and get great results.
You’ll get far less mess from an air fryer than you’ll ever get from a deep fryer. And there’s way less of a “fried food” smell too. It’s easy to clean, economical to operate daily and safe for everyone in your household.
– You have the option to stop cooking midway through and then pick up where you were (instead of having the timer continue on like it does on most air fryers)
– Reasonable footprint (given the capacity and functionality)
– Relatively quiet operation
– Works beautifully and fulfils on its promise
– Quality high performance product
– Can cook entire meals
– With some foods such as crinkle cut fries you cannot tell the difference in taste between these done in this air fryer and fries cooked in a deep vat of oil
– Among the best air fryers available today (works better than many competing brands)
– Built-in cord storage
– Vents out the back (works great with an open window behind)
– Dial controls makes adjusting settings easier
– No loud and obnoxious beeping (the sound is much softer)
– Lowers overall cooking time significantly (by as much as 50%)
Accommodate large portions (4-5 chicken breasts in a single layer – or 4 pork chops)
– Intuitive controls make it easy to operate
– Detailed recipes are excellent
– Large capacity (cooks an entire chicken or two bags of frozen fries at once)
– Can get a little smoky even after using the air fryer multiple times
– Expensive compared to other air fryers
– Presets apply to temperature only (you need to set the time manually)
– Some say the fan is too loud
– Larger footprint than competing models
– May not have enough room to cook full strips of bacon without cutting them in half
#3: NuWave Brio 15.5 Quart Large Capacity Air Fryer
This air fryer has a huge capacity – up to 15 ½ quarts – and it comes equipped with 100 programmed presets. You can sear, preheat, warm, bake, grill, dehydrate, or rotisserie-roast your favorite foods.
Not surprisingly, the NuWave Brio gets a solid 4.5 out of 5 available stars from – get this – nearly 14,000 actual customers.
What’s in the box?
Large capacity air fryer
Two full-size racks
Grill griddle rack
Digital temperature probe
From a sheer value point of you – the NuWave Brio get full marks. Its multi level interior means you can cook different foods at the same time and do so in a healthier way – with far less oil. Removable wire mesh racks allow super hot air to circulate around the food as the fat to drips out. This air fryer cooks food wonderfully. Foods come out with a crispy goodness on the outside and are perfectly cooked on the inside.
– Largest overall capacity air fryer
– Cooks at different levels
– Makes indoor grilling quick and effortless
– Simple to operate with many different presets
– Achieves 400°F – the temperature essential for crating crispy coatings on foods like fries and chicken wings
– Provides good air flow and efficient cooking through the stainless steel mesh
– Easy to disassemble and clean
– Reasonably quiet operations
– Control panel is easy to read and operate
– Sides have recessed slots at the bottom making it easy to carry to a cabinet when not in use
– App is quite useful for getting recipes
– Produces healthier, tastier food
– Pull out drawer is fairly heavy (you have to be careful pulling it out to flip your food)
– Some say it’s on the noisy side
– Tray is harder to clean (and it needs to be lined up perfectly in order to get it back in place)
– Screen mesh at the bottom is can be difficult to clean
– Stainless steel mesh at the bottom of the basket needs to be secured by the clip (or it will fall out when you empty the basket)
#4: GoWISE USA Digital Air Fryer 7 Quart Capacity
This quality air fryer has managed a score of 4.7 stars from nearly 3000 actual customer reviews. It’s a large air fryer with a 5.8 quart basket. And it comes with eight pre-programmed settings for various common foods like fries, chicken, steak, shrimp, pork, fish, pizza – and even cake.
You can pause and restart the air fryer in the middle of cooking as needed. It also has a built-in alarm function to remind you to shake the food inside so that it cooks evenly. This is a decent quality air fryer that is economically priced, yet can serve up to six people at once.
Like most air fryers, you can fry, bake, grill, and roast with little to no oil. The start/stop button allows you to adjust on the fly – to get your food cooked exactly the way you like it. It’s an all purpose air fryer with temperatures ranging from 180 to 400°F. You can use the basket divider accessory to cook two meals at once. Also included is a 50-recipe book made specifically for the for the GoWISE USA air fryer.
What’s In The Box?
GoWISE USA 7 Quart Capacity Digital Air Fryer
All your favorites – from onion rings, fries and cauliflower bites, to chicken strips and wings – even whole chickens – can be perfectly cooked in this air fryer.
– Cleans up relatively easily
– Cooking time is cut in half versus traditional methods
– Presets make it easy to operate
– Pause function is useful
– Cooks all your preferred foods including fries, tacos, patties, steaks, chops, veggies, French toast, chicken wings (even donuts and fried Twinkies) easily
– Capable of air-frying an entire chicken in one go (or three large chicken breasts) and it comes out tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside – with no grease splattered at all
– Cooks more evenly than regular frying
– Good value for the money
– Some say they really have to slam the basket back in the place before the machine will function
– Loud beep (five times in a row) is a bit much
– Poor customer service from manufacturer
– Can get really hot and some interior parts seem to be made of a plastic-like material
– Takes up a fair amount of space on your countertop
#5: Chefman Large Air Fryer With 8 Quart Capacity
The Chefman also comes with presets for popular meal choices including: chicken, steaks, seafood, fries, bacon, vegetables, bread and desserts. Its spacious 8 quart capacity gives you a sizeable volume of food – certainly enough for six servings. So it’s a stellar choice for larger families, special occasions and other get-togethers.
Equipped with a built-in LED shake reminder, you won’t have to worry about forgetting to shake the food through the cooking process so that it cooks evenly. And the digital display makes it easy to monitor while you’re cooking.
Chefman’s large capacity air fryer manages a 4.7 star rating – from well over 2600 customer reviews. So the majority of buyers are happy with their purchases and that’s always a good sign.
Although it’s a larger air fryer, this one features a space-saving square design. The result is that you get more cooking area out of the space it does occupy.
Enjoy all the foods you love. The Chefman cooks everything including fresh broccoli, shrimp skewers, steaks, burgers, tofu – and everything in between. In our opinion, lots of foods that are reheated in an air fryer taste way better than when done in the microwave. And using this air fryer to prepare your food is away easier process than cooking in a skillet on the stove.
– Slick space-saving design with stainless steel finish to fit any kitchen
– Perfect for any kitchen (large or small)
– Attractive looking appliance
– Easy to operate (some experimentation may be required to get the correct degree of crispy)
– Cooks relatively quietly
– Large basket can handle a wide variety of foods
– Easy to clean
– Presets are quite handy
– Decent quality and does the job very well perfect for family dinners
– Silicone bumpers designed to protect the nonstick finish can fall off and get lost
– Puts out a considerable amount of heat
– Occupies a fairly large footprint on your countertop
– Buttons seem to be temperamental (sometimes they work the first time – sometimes not)
There you have it – the best large capacity air fryers you can get today. If you’re undecided as to whether to buy a small air fryer or a larger one like this, it’s a safe bet to consider the larger capacity air fryer. That’s because it’s better to have more than you need, than only wish you had more capacity.
All 5 of our picks are quality products that we feel comfortable to recommend to you. If you’re looking for our top pick overall in the best large capacity air fryer category – it’s this one by Philips.
For sheer volume of cooking capacity – you just can’t beat the NuWave Brio 15.5 Quart Large Capacity Air Fryer. Previous buyers love it – and it’s likely you will too. And if you’re interested in the most economical large size air fryer – the GoWISE USA 7 Quart Capacity Digital Air Fryer comes out on top.