Owning a nice set of quality Circulon cookware can make all the difference in your kitchen experiences. You’re not just buying a set of pots and pans that look great. It’s more about functionality, versatility, and capability. Having a wide-ranging set of pots and pans is pretty much a foundational requirement for cooking diverse and delicious dishes for yourself and your family.
Hard Anodized Aluminum Is a Game Changer
Circulon cookware is made from hard-anodized aluminum, which produces a strong vessel that is also lightweight. Anodized aluminum is a much stronger material than aluminum that hasn’t been anodized. It’s easy to lift and move about – yet retains its structure and shape. And it conducts and distributes heat efficiently evenly. This means you won’t get hotspots where some areas of the pan heats and cooks faster than others.
Circulon is just one of many brand made by giant cookware manufacturer, Meyer. And it has been a popular choice since first being introduced to the market some 30+ years ago.
Meyer manufacturing is the largest cookware distributor in the USA – and the second largest in the world. They make a wide range of cookware including Circulon, Anolon, Silverstone, Prestige, Rachel Ray – and many more.
Under the Circulon name, you can find multiple cookware sets. In this short article, we’re going to feature what we consider to be the top three among them. What you’ll find is that with any of these sets of pots and pans – you’ll have the capacity to prepare a wide range of foods – from the simple foods to complex, multi-course meals.
Table of Contents
Quick and Efficient
All recommended sets feature quick and even heat distribution, are suitable for all types of stoves – including induction – and are built to last. You can also safely use this cookware in an oven up to 400°F.
Circulon cookware features glass lids for its pots. Glass on top allows you to easily check on the food cooking inside – without losing heat or steam. Incidentally, all lids are made of tempered shatter and are resistant glass for safety. If you’re looking for convenience, performance and functionality – Circulon cookware is tough to beat.
This brand is well-known in the industry as the first line to combine hard-anodized aluminum with a nonstick finish inside the pan. Now most hard anodized cookware is sold with a nonstick finish. But not all nonstick cookware is made of hard anodized aluminum – so it’s not always as strong and rugged.
Concentric Circles Makes It Better
What’s distinctly different about Circulon pots and pans are the raised circle design on the bottom. What this pattern of circles does is minimize the direct contact food has with the pan – thus contributing to the non-stick effectiveness of the cookware. It’s designed this way to minimize any scraping on the pan to remove food. You might think – well that’s all well and good. But doesn’t food get stuck in all those grooves?
Surprisingly, the answer is not as often as you might think. And it’s easy to clean even when food does get stuck in there.
Handles on Circulon pots and pans are made of stainless steel, with a significant layer of silicone wrapped over it for better comfort and grip. It makes it easier to handle on a hot stove then bare metal handles. It’s always a good idea to use a potholder or oven mitt when working around hot cooking appliances.
Since Circulon cookware boasts a triple-layer nonstick coating – it’s a better option for those who are watching their consumption of fat. Since only a small amount of oil or butter is required, anyone on a diet can benefit from using this type of cookware.
Three Keys To Getting the Most Out of Your Circulon Cookware
Number one: Always preheat your pans. Start on low heat and slowly raise the temperature but never exceed the medium setting. This helps prevent your pans from warping.
Number two: Always wash by hand as this will extend the lifespan of your cookware.
Number three: Avoid using aerosol cooking sprays. Those products tend to build up a sticky residue on the pans and will destroy the nonstick coating over time.
#1: Circulon Premier Professional 13 Piece Hard Anodized Cookware
This cookware set has earned an impressive 4.8 out of 5 possible stars – from nearly 700 actual customers. This is among the best of the best – as far as cookware ratings go – and it signifies a high degree of customer satisfaction, which is usually indicative of a well-made product.
What you get with this Premier Professional Set is complete arrangement of 13 pieces – providing plenty of options – including pour spouts and straining lids to make your cooking that much easier. From a sheer practical point of view – this set makes cooking anything just a little bit easier. Plus, the “total food release system” of Circulon cookware includes the raised circular bottoms and a PFOA-free premium nonstick coating.
What’s In The Box?
1 quart straining sauce pan with cover
2 quart straining sauce pan with cover
3 quart straining sauce pan with cover
8 quart stock pot with cover
5 quart sauté pan with cover
8.5 inch French skillet
10 inch French skillet
12 inch French skillet
This Premier Professional set of Circulon cookware features hard-anodized aluminum construction, shatter-resistant glass lids, and comfortable handles that stay cool thanks to their silicone coatings. And all handles are dual riveted – for added strength. Plus, the lids are interchangeable.
This 13 piece bundle is suitable for all stove tops including: gas, ceramic, glass, electric, and induction. Circulon pans are an innovative design with nonstick cookware bonded to hard anodized aluminum. But it’s those tiny circular grooves around the entire pan that reduce direct surface area creating an effective food release system that makes Circulon among the better brands of nonstick cookware available.
Some repeat customers have indicated that they’ve come back for a second or third set of Circulon Premier Cookware after having owned the same over previous years. They found the performance of these pots and pans to have met or exceeded expectations and that’s why they keep coming back. That tells you something about the quality, effectiveness and performance of this particular brand.
It’s always a good idea to read the directions carefully before using your new set of cookware. This can be said about any brand or model you pick up. Marketing claims are often quite different from the standard practice approach manufacturers recommend.
– Durable set of pots and pans (Some customers report 8+ years of service from a single set)
– Easy to use and care for
– Effective and functional collection
– Works great on any stove and is a pleasure to use
– Elegant and surprisingly durable compared to other nonstick brands
– Perform like a more expensive set
– Induction friendly (a plus for RV owners)
– Perfect cookware set for a family of six (there’s a good mix of sizes – like the 3 quart sauce pot, 5 quart sauté pan and 12 inch flared skillet seem to get used all the time)
– Comes well packaged so you don’t have to worry about damaged goods
– Heat distribution is superb
– Handles make it easy to cook without risking getting burned (these handles do not heat up)
– Beautiful light bronze/silver finish (looks great in the kitchen)
– These pots and pans seem to stack better than other sets
– Glass lids fit well and allow you to see inside
– Good value for the money
– Sturdy and highly functional
– Built-in pour spouts and easy draining is a useful feature
– Even after continued use they still look terrific
– Skillet heats evenly
– Easy to clean (it’s almost effortless, actually as the surface rinses clean about 95% of the time and the rest of the time you can wipe it down with a soft cloth or paper towel)
– Nice design and functionality
– Food does not get stuck in the grooves
– Easy to cook eggs on these pans without sticking or breaking the yolks
– This entire set looks and feels substantial and well-made (this heavier weight is ideal for simmering soups and sauces all day long)
– There’s a small ledge between the glass and steel on the lids and after washing, water can seep in which can be difficult to dry
– Set is a little too heavy for some people (for example, you may need two hands to hold the larger skillet)
– A larger size pan would be a nice addition to the set
– You might find that there may be too many pieces in this set (chances are you’ll only use a few on a consistent basis)
#2: Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Cookware Set
This Symmetry bundle from Circulon scores a 4.6 star rating (out of 5 stars) from about 400 authentic customers. Not bad at all.
It features a hard anodized aluminum construction with a stainless steel base – making Symmetry it perfect for any type of stove top, including induction. These pots are designed in a tulip like shape and are available in a rich chocolate finish on the exterior.
As with other Circulon cookware, this one comes complete with their proprietary “total nonstick system” of raised circles, plus a triple layered, nonstick spray finish of premium quality. According to the manufacturer, this nonstick technology can last up to 10 times longer than average nonstick surfaces. There’s no doubt that it does last longer than several other nonstick finishes on the market these days.
Handles feature silicone on top of stainless steel to provide a comfortable grip – without exposing your hands to an uncomfortably hot handle. Shatter-resistant tempered glass lids help lock in all the heat and steam, while allowing you to peer in on what’s cooking.
With Symmetry, you’re getting fast heating across the bottom of the pans and a hard-anodized aluminum pan that holds up quite well. That plus a stronger nonstick surface shows that this line of cookware is designed for performance and durability – as long as it’s used the right way.
By the way, the nonstick coating is applied to both the inside and outside of every piece in the collection. This helps make cleaning up after cooking – a relative breeze. Those silicone coated handles are oven safe up to 400°F – so you can finish off your favorite dishes in the oven – without worry. But although this line is promoted as being “dishwasher safe” we recommend always washing nonstick cookware by hand. There’s really no need to use the dishwasher anyway since these pots and pans clean up easily by hand.
With any stuck-on messes that don’t clean up by hand, you can boil a mixture of one part vinegar and three parts water in your pan for about 10 minutes. This should help loosen any food particles let it stand until cool Wash out the pan again with a soft nylon brush and then rinse thoroughly and dry. Another option is to use a paste of baking soda and water with a nylon pad. Make up the mixture and apply it to the bottom of the pan. Then let it sit for up to half an hour or so. Then wash, rinse and completely dry your pan again and you should be good to go.
Many users claim that this is the best cookware they’ve used and are getting multiple years of reliable service from their Circulon Symmetry pans and pots.
– Follow the instructions and you will love these pans
– In storage, keep these pans separated by tea towels or pads
– Heavy duty base distributes heat well
– Pots are hefty and feel substantial
– Reasonable priced cookware means excellent value
– Cleans up beautifully without much effort (just be sure to wash them right after cooking – often times all that is required is a quick rinse and wipe with a soft cloth or paper towel)
– Heat resistant grips come in very handy
– Chocolate colored pots and pans look stunning
– Nonstick surface is surprisingly effective
– Remains like new and perform exceedingly well even after a years worth of consistent use
– Pan handles are long (so you can always grab them closer towards the end if it’s a little hot close to the pot)
– Lids form of good seal without creating a tight vacuum
– Works good on electric and glass top stoves
– Warranty claims are at the discretion of the manufacturer (which puts the customer at a slight disadvantage)
– These pans do show wear and tear over time (and the nonstick coating loses its effectiveness)
– Finish can get scratched from metal utensils (even though the marketing material says they are metal utensil safe) plus the outside can scratch easily
– Glass lids can accumulate liquid that is difficult to remove
– Nothing sticks inside except around the rivets holding the handle
Smaller pots can be top-heavy (so you have to be careful)
– Would be helpful if the large stock pot came with a strainer lid to drain things like pasta dishes
#3: Circulon Elemental Hard Anodized Nonstick 10 Piece Cookware Set
Prepare to be blown away by the Elemental collection from Circulon. This cookware set scores a very impressive 4.8 out of 5 available stars – from almost 700 actual customer reviews. That is not an easy score to attain from a statistically significant number of real buyers. This alone should warrant a closer look.
Elemental boasts long lasting durability – thanks to its super-tough, hard-anodized aluminum construction. This allows for even heating and a pan that is not excessively heavy.
This brand also deploys Circulon’s enhanced nonstick finish technology – including the patented concentric circles as well as the triple layer PFOA-free nonstick coating that provides a quick food release plus quicker, easier cleanup after the cooking is all done.
Handles are double riveted to the pots and pans and come complete with a silicone grip for a more comfortable grip.
What’s In The Box?
1 quart straining sauce pan with spouts and cover
2 quart straining sauce pan with spouts and cover
6 quart stock pot with cover
3 quart sauté pan with cover
10 inch skillet
11 ¾ inch skillet
Circulon’s Elemental hard anodized nonstick cookware set is said to be two times stronger than stainless steel alone. It features a triple-layered nonstick coating on both the inside and outside. A nonstick inside provides quick food release and faster and easier cleanup. With a nonstick coating on the outside, any food that spills out over the sides can be easily wiped clean.
As an added bonus, Circulon includes built-in straining lids (on each lid) that serve as a built-in colander. And the high/low circle design provides excellent non-stick capability with less food sticking.
This set both looks and performs very well. So whether you’re more about the form or function – chances are you’ll be pleased with this hard anodized cookware. It’s oven safe up to 400° and is suitable for glass and ceramic top ranges – as well as all electric and gas stoves.
Only use a soft nylon or cloth towel to hand clean these pots and pans. You may find that the burn marks on the bottom (exterior side) are next to impossible to clean. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Nobody is going to see it anyway. And you can always clean up where it matters most – with ease.
– Lids are not vented making them excellent pots for cooking brown rice
– Even if you put these in the dishwasher previously and they developed a chalky appearance on the exterior, it does not negatively impact how these pans function
– Seem heavier duty compared to other nonstick sets
– Easy pots and pans to clean by hand (just be sure to avoid any abrasive scrubbers or harsh chemicals when cleaning)
– Can deliver years of service
– Grooves on the bottom of the pans make it easy to cook delicate foods like fish fillets and eggs (even fried potatoes cook perfectly and “sticky” dishes like risotto and pasta primavera don’t stick)
– Allows you to cook with far less oil or butter
– Beautiful set of pots and pans
– Sturdy and solid cookware (yet light weight and well-balanced too)
– Heats up evenly and efficiently
– Straining pots to make it super easy to drain liquid without using a separate strainer
– Well packaged so it all arrives in perfect condition
– Light enough to be used by those who find it difficult to lift heavier pots
– Heats evenly and fast
– Some long-term owners say that the nonstick capability remains intact even a decade after purchase
– Unresponsive customer service
– Marketing materials are misleading and contradictory to the directions included in the package
– Can get easily scratched or damaged
– You need to use a little oil or butter or your eggs will probably stick
– Even though lids are made of tempered glass – they can still break
Circulon cookware has proven to be dependable and longer lasting than a lot of competing products. If you’re looking for a reliable, all-encompassing set of nonstick pots and pans – you could select any one of our 3 top picks and odds are – you’d be thrilled.
But if we could only choose one – our number one Circulon Cookware Set would be the Premier Professional Hard Anodized Cookware Set