Creamy Butter Chicken
This recipe is one that I can say is an absolute hit every single time with family and friends. This rich, buttery, creamy curry needs no introduction. Butter chicken, without any doubt, is one of the most well-known and most loved dishes around the world.
- Instant Pot
- 1.1 lb Chicken, boneless, cubed
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 cup Onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin
- 1 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt, to taste
- Turn on the Instant Pot and add the oil.
- When the oil becomes slightly hot, add the onion and cook it until it becomes slightly brown.
- Next add boneless chicken cubes, ginger, and garlic and let cook for 30 seconds, stirring continuously so it doesn’t burn.
- Now add tomato paste and spices.
- Put a lid on and close the steam valve.
- Set the heat on low for 5 to 8 minutes
- Next add the cream and yogurt along with the butter, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- When done move the steam valve just slightly so steam comes out slowly.
- Carefully lift the lid.
- Creamy butter chicken is ready to serve with boiled rice or bread.