Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken with Sweet Potato & Chive Mash
Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken is a winning combo, we add cream and a little chicken stock to create a sauce that you'll be scraping for every last bit.
- Chopping board
- Medium Saucepan
- Large Frying Pan
- drizzle Olive oil
- 4 Sweet potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Medium bag snow peas
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Bag chives
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 40 grams Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 100 ml Light cooking cream
- 50 grams Wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 Chicken stock
- Salt to season
- Pepper to season
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Peel the sweet potato, then cut into large chunks.4 Sweet potatoes
- Thinly slice the carrot into half-moons.2 Carrots
- Trim the snow peas.1 Medium bag snow peas
- Finely chop the garlic and chives.2 cloves Garlic, 1 Bag chives
Cook the Veggies
- Cook the sweet potato in the boiling water for 5 minutes.4 Sweet potatoes
- Place the colander (or steamer basket) on top of the saucepan, then add the carrot.2 Carrots
- Cover with a lid and steam until the carrot is softened 7 minutes.
- Add the snow peas to the colander and continue to cook, until the veggies are tender and the sweet potato is easily pierced by a knife. 3 minutes1 Medium bag snow peas
- Transfer the carrot and snow peas to a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm.drizzle Olive oil
Cook the Chicken
- While the sweet potato is cooking, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat.drizzle Olive oil
- Place your hand flat on top of each chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make to thin steaks.4 Chicken breasts
- Season both sides with salt an pepper.Salt, Pepper
- Cook the chicken in batches until cooked through 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness).
- Transfer to a plate to rest and cover with foil to keep warm.
Mash the Potatoes
- Drain the sweet potatoes and return to saucepan.
- Add the butter and milk, then season generously with salt.40 grams Butter, 1/4 cup Milk
- Mash until smooth, then stir through 3/4 of chives and cover to keep warm.1 Bag chives
Make the Sauce
- Wipe out any excess oil from the frying pan, then return to a low heat.
- Cook the garlic, stirring, until fragrant 1 minute.2 cloves Garlic
- Add the light cooking cream, wholegrain mustard, honey and chicken stock powder. Stir to combine.100 ml Light cooking cream, 50 grams Wholegrain mustard, 1 tablespoon Honey, 1 Chicken stock
- Slice the chicken then return chicken (plus any resting juices) to the pan, turning to coat.
- Simmer until thickened approximately 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.Salt, Pepper
- Divide the sweet potato and chive mash between plates.
- Top with steamed veggies and creamy honey mustard chicken, spooning over some sauce from the pan.
- Garnish with the reserved chives to serve.