Crunchy Fried Chicken
This Fried Chicken Recipe is soaked in buttermilk and is super crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. A great and easy dish that is perfect to entertain family and guests
Butter Milk preparation
- 3 cups full cream milk
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 lb chicken pieces with skin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 pinch Sumac spice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- cooking oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, add milk, lemon juice, and mix well. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. Buttermilk is ready!
- Put cayenne pepper powder, salt, sumac spice, garlic powder, paprika powder, red chili flakes in buttermilk and mix well. Add chicken pieces in to the buttermilk mixture, and coat well
- Cover, and leave for 4 hours in the refrigerator to marinate
- In another bowl, add all the coating ingredients together, mix well and put to one side
- Take out chicken pieces from refrigerator, remove from marinade and shake gently to remove the excess
- Coat the chicken pieces with the dry flour mixture. Dip into some water and again coat with dry flour mixture. Tap off the excess.
- In a wok, heat the cooking oil to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Fry 3 to 4 pieces at a time, without over-crowding the wok
- Fry on medium low flame until golden (approx. 8-10 minutes) then on high flame until crispy (approx. 2 minutes).
- Serve the crunchy chicken hot with garlic mayo sauce, French fries and ketchup
- Give your chicken a gentle pat after coating with the flour mixture to make sure that the flour sticks to the buttermilk.
- Only flip your chicken once while frying.
- When coating and breading your chicken, be sure to tap off the excess buttermilk as well as the excess flour.