Easy Pizza Dough
An easy pizza dough recipe that makes an exceptional home-made pizza! Make this at home for a delicious mid-week treat, and add whatever toppings take your fancy
- Rolling Pin
- Oven tray
- 3 cups Plain all purpose flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- toppings of your choice
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add the warm water and oil
- Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined.
- Scrape the mixture out of the bowl onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 1-2 mins into a ball.
- Lightly drizzle the bowl with olive oil and then put the dough in. Cover with clean wrap or a tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour in a warm place. TIP: Once risen the dough can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- After the dough has finished rising scrape it out of the bowl onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a log and cut into 3 equal pieces.
- Stretch the dough for our crust, either use a rolling pin to roll each third to 8" (20cm) disc’s or use your fingers to flatten and stretch it out to fit the pan.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper on top for your dough, sprinkle with flour. I use a pizza pan with holes in it as the holes gives the heat direct contact with the base which makes it crispier.
- Now for the toppings! The first step is always sauce, you can use a simple tomato paste.
- Next top with anything you want, the trick here is less is more. If you weigh your pizza down with too many toppings it prevents the crust from rising. However, I’m terrible at staying light on the toppings and the choice is yours so add as much as you want.
- Finally place your pizza in the oven at 350F (180 Celcius) for 10-15 mins until cheese has melted and has golden spots.