Ginger is a popular spice with some powerful medicinal properties. Adding a little ginger to your lunch can help you stay focused on a task. It can also help keep you feeling full, longer, reducing your overall calorie intake.
- 14 oz chicken breast
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 1 cup corn flour (for second coating)
- 1 cup oil for deep frying
- 1 tbsp ginger (julian cut)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp honey
- Fry ginger over medium-high heat, add chopped garlic, and sauté them
- Next add 1/4 cup of water along with ¼ cup of ketchup and 2tbsp of honey. Continue to stir until the sauce turns to a thick consistency.
- Cut up the chicken in to bite size chunks
- Take a large bowl and add chicken, soy sauce, black pepper powder, ginger paste, sesame oil, and corn-flour.
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl and refrigerate it for 1 -2 hours to marinate
- Coat the marinated chicken again with corn-flour one by one and keep them aside on a plate
- After coating, rest the chicken for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Take a cooking pan and pour 1 cup of oil for deep frying.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown
- Add all the fried chicken in the sauce and mix them well
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Serve it with rice, bread or pasta.