Broccolini and green beans, sauted with garlic make a great accompaniment to the Sunday roast, or even the mid-week meal. Quick, easy and very delicious we highly recommend.
Rather than boiling the broccolini and beans, these are cooked in a frying pan, keeping all the flavor.
We started by purchasing 1lb of green beans, which we topped, tailed and cut to 2″ pieces.
Next we took 3 bunches of broccolini, which we sliced length-ways, keeping the stalks.
The only other thing we have are 2 cloves of garlic, which we crushed, alternatively use crushed garlic from a jar.
Heat the frying pan, add a knob of butter, a little olive oil, and warm up. Once warm we add the broccolini, green beans and crushed garlic and cook. Cook them until soft, which will take bout 10 minutes, ensuring you stir regularly.
That is it, serve and enjoy!
What did we serve this with?
We serve regularly with a roast dinner on a Sunday, or even with a weekday meal as the vegetable.
Can you keep if not all finished?
If you have made too much, put the remainder in a air tight container in the fridge, but don’t keep it any longer than 2 days.
How do you re-heat?
If you want to re-heat, warm up the frying pan with a small amount of olive oil and heat up in there, making sure you stir regularly so they don’t burn.
Broccolini and Green Beans
- 1 Large Frying Pan
- 1 lb Green Beans (washed)
- 3 bunches Broccolini Florets (washed)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 1 knob butter
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- Trim the ends of the green beans, and cut in to lengths of about 2"
- Slice the broccolini florets lengthways
- Crush the garlic, either 1 or 2 cloves depending on your taste
- Warm up the frying pan with the butter and olive oil in it, set on a medium heat, as we don't want to burn the vegetables
- Once hot, add the beans, broccolini and garlic, and stir regularly until cooked through and soft
- Serve and enjoy