Salmon with Bombay Potatoes, Garlic Yogurt and Salad
Adding a twist on the normal Omega-3 rich salmon and adding Indian seasoning. Add turmeric-adorned potatoes and a salad with a touch of tartness, and you have a well balanced, nutritional and delicious meal!
- Oven tray
- Large Frying Pan
- 4 Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Brown Mustard Seeds
- 4 cloves Garlic
- Greek Yogurt
- Mumbai Spice Blend
- 4 pieces Salmon
- 1 small pack Coriander
- 2 Apples
- 1 Carrot
- 1 tsp Honey
- drizzle White Wine Vinegar
- 1 bag Mixed Salad Leaves
- drizzle Olive Oil
- Salt to season
- Pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 240°C fan-forced.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into bite-sized chunks.4 Potatoes
- Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle over the turmeric and brown mustard seeds.1/2 tsp Turmeric, Brown Mustard Seeds
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.drizzle Olive Oil, Salt
- Toss to coat, bake until tender for 20-25 minutes.
- Finely chop the garlic.4 cloves Garlic
- In a medium frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat.drizzle Olive Oil
- Cook the garlic, stirring, until fragrant approximately 1 minute.
- Transfer to a small bowl, then using a whisk or a fork, combine with the Greek-style yogurt. Season to taste.Greek Yogurt
- In a medium bowl, combine the Mumbai spice blend with a drizzle of olive oil.Mumbai Spice Blend, drizzle Olive Oil
- Season with salt and pepper.Salt, Pepper
- Add the salmon, turning to coat evenly.4 pieces Salmon
Cooking the Salmon
- When the potatoes have 10 minutes remaining, return the frying pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil.drizzle Olive Oil
- Once hot cook the salmon, skin side down first, until cooked through. 3-4 minutes each side.
- While the salmon is cooking, roughly chop the coriander.1 small pack Coriander
- Thinly slice the apples into wedges.2 Apples
- Grate the carrot.1 Carrot
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey with a drizzle of olive oil and white wine vinegar.1 tsp Honey, drizzle White Wine Vinegar, drizzle Olive Oil
- Add the mixed salad leaves, carrot and apple tossing to coat.1 bag Mixed Salad Leaves
- Season to taste.
- Gently toss the coriander through the roasted potato.
- Divide the Indian salmon, bombay potatoes and salad between plates.
- Dollop the garlic yogurt over the salmon to serve.