Seekh Lamb Kebabs
These delicious, juicy kebabs can be made with any minced meat you like, they are a terrific appetizer but also make a nice side dish to the main meal. This is a terrific dish for special occasions o rfamily and friends get-togethers.
- 1.6 lb Lamb (minced)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 skewers (optional)
- Strain the juice of onion and tomatoes with a strainer to get rid of all the excess liquid from them.
- In another bowl take the lamb mince along with salt, black pepper, turmeric powder, parsley, beaten egg, strained onion, and tomatoes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the kebabs and mix with your hands till the spices are well distributed.
- Now cover the bowl and keep it in a refrigerator for about 2 hours
- To form the kebabs, divide the mince into balls (5 or 6), and then roll each ball on a board with a cupped hand to turn them into sausage shapes. You will find it helpful to wet your hands with water before handling the kebabs. If you are using skewers wrap the meat round the skewer
- Heat the pan with oil until you can feel a good heat rising and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Don’t turn until they are well sealed or the meat will stick to the pan.
- Serve with a salad
Alternatively use beef mince instead of lamb Grill BBQ or bake the kebabs for 10 minutes on 350F or fry, you choice Note - if you are using wooden skewers soak them in water for a few minutes before making the kebabs, this stops the sticks from burning when you cook them.