Sichuan Pork and Veggie Stir Fry with ginger rice
This bountiful dish is a favorite for us. The Sichuan garlic paste is the key ingredient, resulting in pork mince that's packed with flavor. Teamed with tender greens, zingy ginger rice and a fried egg to bring it all together, every bite is awesome.
- Medium Saucepan
- Large Frying Pan
- drizzle olive oil
- 40 grams butter
- 15 grams ginger paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 21/2 cups water
- 310 grams jasmine rice
Stir Fry Veggies
- 200 grams green beans
- 2 bok choy asian greens
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 red onion
- 250 grams pork mince
- 100 grams Sichuan garlic paste
- 4 eggs fried
- 1 long red chili (optional)
- 1 packet roasted peanuts
- 1 lemon slices
Cook Ginger Rice
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and a dash of olive oil over a medium heat.40 grams butter
- Add the ginger paste and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.15 grams ginger paste
- Add the water and a pinch of salt and bring to boil.1 pinch salt
- Add the jasmine rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low310 grams jasmine rice
- While the rice is cooking, thinly slice the red onion.2 red onion
- Finely chop the garlic.4 cloves garlic
- Trim the green beans, then cut into thirds.200 grams green beans
- Roughly chop the bok choy asian greens.2 bok choy asian greens
- Thinly slice the long red chili (is using).1 long red chili
- Slice the lemon into wedges.1 lemon
Stir-fry the Veggies
- In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium high heat.drizzle olive oil
- Stir-fry the green beans until softened 5-6 minutes.200 grams green beans
- Add the bok choy asian greens, garlic, soy sauce and a dash of water and cook until wilted, 1 minute.2 bok choy asian greens
- Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a medium bowl. Cover to keep warm.
Cook the Pork
- Return the pan to a high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.drizzle olive oil
- When the oil is hot, cook the onion and pork mince, breaking up with a spoon, until browned 3-4 minutes.250 grams pork mince, 2 red onion
- Remove the pan from the heat, then stir through the Sichuan garlic paste.100 grams Sichuan garlic paste
- Transfer to the bowl with the veggies, gently tossing to combine.
Fry the Eggs
- Wipe out the pan and return to a medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.drizzle olive oil
- When the oil is hot, crack in the eggs. Fry until the yolks are cooked to your liking, 4-5 minutes.4 eggs
- Divide the ginger rice between plates, then top with the Sichuan pork, veggie stir-fry and top with a fried egg.
- Sprinkle with the chili (if using) and roasted peanuts.1 long red chili, 1 packet roasted peanuts
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!1 lemon
- When frying the egg, 4-5 minutes will give a soft yolk. Fry for 6-7 minutes for a hard yolk.
- The chili and roasted peanuts are optional.
- When the ginger rice has finished cooking and you remove it from the heat for 12 minutes remember not to peek as it will finish cooking in it's own steam.
- Alternatively, rather than using a saucepan for cooking the rice, you can use a Japanese rice cooker