Spinach & Salmon (with Tartare Sauce)
Make this a regular midweek meal, ready in only 15 minutes, delicious and tasty. Spinach and salmon is a firm favorite in our house!
- 2 pieces skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tsp sunflower/vegetable or olive oil
- 10 oz bag of spinach leaves
- 4 slices lemon
Tartare Sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche (low fat)
- 1 tsp caper
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 juice from a lemon
- Chop the parsley up
- Heat the oil in a pan, season the salmon on both sides, then add to the pan when oil is hot. Fry for 4 minutes then turn over and cook for a further 4 minutes. The salmon should look golden and the flesh should flake.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and cover to keep warm
- Put the spinach leaves in the pan (while it is still hot). Season, mix well and cover the pan to allow the spinach to wilt, about one minute.
- Remove the spinach and dish up on to plates, top with the salmon
Make Tartare Sauce
- Gently heat the creme fraiche, along with the lemon juice, capers and parsley in to a pan. Season to taste.
- Heat gently, ensuring the sauce does not boil, once heated spoon over the salmon.